Are you our new team member?
- Seasonal with possibilities to extend, Position (80%-100%)
Ski Lodge Engelberg is a mountain lodge, founded by two skiing friends who aimed to create the ultimate place to stay on a mountain holiday. Today people who love the mountain as much as we do come here from all over the world. We are passionate about local knowledge of the village and mountain, staff who love service as much as the surrounding nature, gourmet cuisine and quirky design. So far, it has been an exciting journey, and we are eager to keep on developing and renew ourselves together with our staff.
We are looking for experienced cooks for our Kitchen Team.
Winter Season: (1st of December – 30th of April)
The restaurant “Brasserie Konrad” at Ski Lodge is our pride and joy at the hotel. From the kitchen, our chefs send out everything from a “Michelin quality” starter to a hamburger or a local cheese platter. It is the heart and pulse of the hotel, together with the bar, and is very much appreciated by both travelers and locals. We put a lot of love into the food and are seating between 70-150 persons on a busy night.
Summer Season: (1st of May – 30th of november)
In the summer our kitchen staff cook group dinners for groups up to 58 persons/night 3 times per week and have a Bar menu with a couple of dishes during the weekend.
The cooks at Ski Lodge are eager to try out new things, self-efficient and love to cook food. They have as much fun in the kitchen as outside on the slopes or the hiking trails. He/She is a good team member and can put her/his own touch on the dishes we send out to our guests. Individuality is a feature you have and you are not afraid to come up with own ideas.
If this suits you, you are the right person for our team!
We will be looking for:
- True unconditional love of the mountains.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- A friendly and professional manner
- Be able to handle stress and be well-organized.
Working hours include daytime, evenings and weekends. The service is full time.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Be able to check and maintain the quality of ingredients.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, during normal operation or for special guests.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Answer, report and follow CEO instructions.
- Be prepared to help out our other departments if needed.
- Monitor all food orders for the hotel.
- Responsable for the schedule in the kitchen.
- Budget and economical responsibility for the kitchen.
Please submit your application asap as a selection is on going.
For more information, please contact our CEO Niklas Danielson
Tel: 0041 79 102 87 87
Please apply at: http://www.skilodgeengelberg.com/en/work-at-ski-lodge/
// The Ski Lodge Team