Now we start preparing for the winter with renovations throughout the hotel, maintenance work and welcoming new and old staff back to the village. At the same time, mother nature decided to fill us up to the brim with snow. Interesting times indeed!
So the last weekend for the glacier skiing before the annual two weeks of maintenance work (4th-15th of November) on the lifts and lift station was a bit of a disappointment. The wind was strong and they closed the pistes both Saturday and Sunday, luckily we got some skiing in on Friday. Photo proof above!
- 4th – 15th of November – Glacier closed for maintenance.
- 16th of November – Glacier open for skiing again!
- 11th November – 6th December – Brunni might open on weekends for skiing if we have enough snow.
- Between 3rd – 12th December – Jochpass and Stand 2222m Open for Skiing.
- 6th December – New Engstlen 6-seat chairlift opens! Yay!
Renovations in the house!
So, November huh? This month arrived quickly and will be over in a second. Before we open up the doors again on November 22nd, we will do some freshening up in and around the hotel. (Bar will still be open every day from 4 pm throughout November)
- New carpets – throughout the hotel!
- 2 new bathrooms!
- New tables for the restaurant
We can’t wait to show you the result, keep up to date via our Instagram.
Snow depth Mountain (slope, 3.020m): 50 cm
Snow depth Village (1.050m): 0
Snow condition: Hard, partially spring snow
Latest snowfall: 5th November
Avalanche alert level: 2-3
Weather and Conditions
- METEO BLUE Weather info Engelberg
- SLF AVALANCHE bulletin and Snowpack
// Ski Lodge Team