The snow came back to the alps after a long window with sunny and warm weather. The new snowfall gave us a staggering 40 cm refill on the glacier and as much as 10 cm at 1600 m.a.s.l. Finally the temperature are dropping fast.
We are very used to having amazing autumn months in September and October here in Engelberg. but to have 25 degrees in November is not very normal. The first real snowfall for the season was on the 17th of September and stretched down to about 1700 m.a.s.l, this time around it came down to 1600 and stayed for a couple of days. Bikers were confused and skier’s were delirious.
Our biking friend Parkin Costain had a bit of a chock when he went up for biking on friday, he took the e-bike the next day ;).
Snow depth Mountain (slope, 3.020m): 40 cm
Snow depth Location (1.050m): 0 cm
Snow condition: Hard, partly powdery.
Latest snowfall: Friday
Avalanche alert level: none yet.
Ps. Glacier is closed for maintenance between the 7th of November and 18th of November 2022.
The opening schedule looks like this at the moment:
- 15th Oct – Glacier (glacier t-bar & Ice Flyer)
- 7th-18th Nov – Glacier Lifts and Rotair lift Closed. No skiing until 19th of November!
- 19th Nov – Stand-Trübsee (until 2.12. only open on weekends)
- 7th Nov – Cable Car Brunni, wed-sun and public holidays
- 3rd Dec – Jochpass
- 3rd Dec – Slopes on Gerschnialp
- 3rd Dec – Slopes on Untertrübsee
- 3rd Dec – Village run & Jochstock
- 5th Dec – Brunni open every day
- 17th Dec – Engstlenalp
- 17th Dec – Jochstock
Weather and Conditions in Engelberg
Greetings from The team at Ski Lodge Engelberg