Are you our new team member?
- Permanent Position (100%)
Ski Lodge Engelberg is a mountain lodge, founded by two skiing friends who aimed to create the ultimate place to stay on a mountain holiday. Today people who love the mountain as much as we do come here from all over the world. We are passionate about local knowledge of the village and mountain, staff who love service as much as the surrounding nature, gourmet cuisine and quirky design. So far, it has been an exciting journey, and we are eager to keep on developing and renewing ourselves together with our staff.
The place to be
The restaurant “Brasserie Konrad” at Ski Lodge is our pride and joy at the hotel. From the kitchen, our chefs send out everything from a “Michelin quality” starter to a hamburger or a local cheese platter. It is the heart and pulse of the hotel, together with the bar, and is very much appreciated by both travelers and locals. Our Wine list and Avec/ Drink List is of high quality and the producers are hand picked to fit our style. We put a lot of love into the food and drinks and are seating between 70-150 persons on a busy night.
We will be looking for:
- True unconditional love of the mountains and outdoors.
- Very Strong service experience.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, German speaker.
- Customer service skills.
- Previous IT skills to work with computerized booking and payment systems (Kassa).
- A friendly and professional manner.
- Be able to handle stress and be well-organized.
- Have knowledge of wine and spirits.
- Have knowledge of food and interest in food.
Working hours include daytime, evenings and weekends but are mostly during evenings.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for guest experience at Ski Lodge Bar, Brasserie Konrad according to the company’s concept and standards.
- Responsible for reaching budgeted targets of revenue, margins and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the quality, service and sales to the guests.
- Responsible for ensuring that complaints are handled properly and to coach staff within this area.
- Responsible for booking and upselling private and conference groups through extended offerings like après ski and specials in the restaurant together with operation and sales.
- To work actively with group management in the daily work in consultation with the sales manager and reception.
- To work actively with our marketing manager and to take initiative to communicate our offerings and boost sales.
- To ensure menu planning and changes are finalized and communicated according to to set deadlines.
- Set menus and develop SLE according to its concept and standards together with the kitchen and CEO.
- Budgeting once per year together with the CEO including revenue and staff buget.
- HR responsibility includes recruiting, contracts, introductions, scheduling, holidays, team communication and coordination.
- Managing your teams through coaching, service training and routine management according to the SLE standards and concept.
- Control of staff hours and optimise service hours in the house.
- Regular staff meetings and individual evaluation meetings with kitchen, bar and restaurant staff members. + Follow up on these meetings.
- Opening hours and offers in Konrad and Ski Lodge bar.
- Responsible for purchase, delivery and inventory of food and beverages, together with the kitchen.
- Responsible for admin incl. Invoices, payments, revenue and cost management.
- Responsible for cashier and booking system.
- Actively work for reducing waste and work towards our environmental goals (see separate document).
- Available in the organization for the required needs.
- To be informed and knowledgeable in the hotel’s alcohol and drug policy.
- To be informed and knowledgeable in the concept and values of SLE.
- To be part of the management group and take part in the development of the hotel and restaurant.
- To be informed and knowledgeable in the hotel’s contracting and legal responsibilities regarding your sales.
- To be informed and knowledgeable about the hotel’s fire and security.
- Operations Manager, Brasserie Konrad
- Including control over cleaning of Dining Room.
- Service of machines.
- Control over Investment budget and Report coming Purchases for Restaurant
- Keeping inventory of goods in Restaurant.
- Financial Manager, Brasserie Konrad (Purchases, Invoices)
- Order Manager, Brasserie Konrad
- Schedule Brasserie Konrad
- Staff Manager, Brasserie Konrad (Personal Care, Meetings, etc.)
- Assortment Manager, Beverage / Wine (Wines, Avec, Food, Drink)
- Booking Manager Brasserie Konrad (Livebooking, PM and Large Groups)
- Cashier (Programming of Xenia)
Please submit your application asap as a selection is on going.
For more information, please contact our recruiting office.
// The Ski Lodge Team